Rebecca Shoichet, the singing voice for Twilight Sparkle, and the voice for Sunset Shimmer in Equestria Girls, held a concert with MLP song writer Daniel Ingram (who commented on the event) at the L.A. Film Festival as part of their “pink carpet” event for the release of Equestria Girls.
- Winter Wrap Up
- Babs Seed
- The Smile Song
- A True, True Friend
Read more →
“For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.” —Carl Sagan, Contact (via Foalpapers)
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Leo Awards, in particular Daniel Ingram, Steffan Andrews, and Lee Tockar.
- Congratulations moreover to executive producers Chris Bartleman and Blair Peters for their DHX Media Awards!
- Rebecca Shoichet, a.k.a. Twilight Sparkle, is now on Twitter.
- Meghan McCarthy confirms that “Flash Sentry is not a character in
#MLPFiM season 4.”
- Nicole Oliver tweeted a little (nonpony) interview with herself and a fellow Seed actor.
- M.A. Larson confirmed that one of the cheering instructions to Fluttershy was “loss of control,” not “lots of control” (which really wouldn’t make too much sense).
- Chris Savino has once more been confirmed for being awesome.
- In Pound Puppies news: “Season 3 of Pound Puppies just began airing on June 1st, and the first episode (‘Working K-9 to 5’) features Tara Strong voicing a girl named Dolores.” “The episode also has Raven Molisee and Mike West doing storyboards (and EG Daily + Martin Ansolabehere of Powerpuff Girls fame). Sibsy is doing storyboards for other episodes, I think (and of course, Daniel Ingram and Steffan Andrews writing underscore).” “Also, Daniel is doing songs for season 3.” Many thanks for this to Senn555!
- News from Soren Rogers, the son of Amy Keating Rogers: At Long Last, A New Bathing System!
- Finally, Spazz found this promo for the Amazing World of Gumball (also embedded below), which seems to feature scenes reminiscent of G1 translated into the style of the show.
Read more →
After her visit to /mlp/, Lauren Faust announced that she would also visit other communities such as Ponychan, and so she just stopped by there.
The thread has been archived. I wrote a little script to generate the summary below. Have fun!
Read more →
Entertainment Weekly’s Family Room section appears to be back in the pony business, with an exclusive teaser trailer. Catch it embedded after the break, or by clicking the link above. As you might imagine, the trailer spoils some jokes and plot points.
Read more →
“Here’s to love and solidarity / And a kiss behind the barricades.” —David Rovics, Behind the Barricade
Finally, let’s end this on a somber note. Baloney Brony recently reminisced about a little piece by the late Paul Boyd. You remember Paul Boyd, right?
The above image is from Russian toy vendor lillu.ru. Seeing as this random Russian website is apparently the first place these dolls have shown up, it might be fake, hence the rumor tag. Still, if you’re interested in getting Equestria Girls toys, here’s your likely first look.
[Update] EQD is reporting that these dolls are in fact prototypes.
No source for that listed, though. Calpain down in the comments of the EQD article credits show staff on Skype.
[Source: lillu.ru via Derpibooru]
[Second Update] Just for the sheer amusement of it:
[Update the Third] She is
was also apparently lurking /mlp/. Be nice and say hello now, will you?
Click Image for Full
“If, as occasionally happens, there are two subtitles in the original (an awkward contingency), a colon normally precedes the first and a semicolon the second.” —The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition, §14.98
- Google has added pony Easter eggs to Hangout, as Geek.com reports.
- Botcon gets an exclusive Transformers-MLP crossover comic cover.
- Katie Cook is at Motor City Comic Con today, as The Daily Oat reports. Go and meet her!
- Here are the Q3 2013 results for DHX Media
(I wish I knew why they don’t call it Q1). Cantercast informs me that this is due to fiscal year’s not conforming to calender years. Thanks! Since it’s a Canadian company, I then would’ve expected it to run from April 1 to March 31 of the next year, but that doesn’t add up either. Oh well.
- Vectored Thrust again reminds us to remind you to say #ThankYouDHX.
- There will be a black and white reprint of the first edition of the comic (so people can learn to appreciate Heather Breckel’s coloring work). Thanks to RealZero for the submission (but it had popped up minutes earlier on our spy satellites anyway).
- Have a look at some script pages, in case you weren’t at Equestria LA or missed them.
- A new, mysterious (probably Equestria Girls) blu-ray is on the horizon. Originally slanted for “August,” the title now just says “fall,” but the date “August 6, 2013” has remained unchanged. Here an additional source from blu-ray.com.
- One of Steffan Andrews’s songs has been cut from Equestria Girls. Bugger. But Daniel Ingram approves of the trailer song, which is not his work. Furthermore, Mr. Andrews might or might not have scored another episode.
- Finally congrats to Daniel Ingram and Steffan Andrews for their Leo Award nomination for the score of Magical Mystery Cure. Congrats also to Marcel Duperreault, Todd Araki, Jason Fredrickson, and Adam McGhie for “Best Overall Sound” in Sleepless in Ponyville. More congrats to all the other nominees; here a few of those we know: Sam Vincent (Slugterra), Lee Tockar (Slugterra), Andrew Francis (Slugterra), Shannon Chan Kent (Slugterra), Vincent Tong (Yoga Town). Who did I forget?